Ofcom Licence Management

To use any radio transmitting device in the UK, it will need to either be licensed, or have a specific licence exemption.

If you use a two way radio system for your business, you need a licence from Ofcom. Business radio users range from taxi companies and factories, to hospitals, care homes, industrial sites and transport operators to name a few.

Who and What is Ofcom?

Ofcom is the communications regulator in the UK.

They regulate the TV, radio and video-on-demand sectors, fixed-line telecoms, mobiles and postal services, plus the airwaves over which wireless devices operate such as WiFi and of course Radio Communications.

Interference from other radio users or devices could render any well designed system useless without authorised Ofcom licensing.

Ofcom make sure that people in the UK get the best from their communication services and are protected from scams and sharp practices, while ensuring that competition can thrive.

Ofcom operates under a number of Acts of Parliament, including in particular the Communications Act 2003. Ofcom must act within the powers and duties set for it by Parliament in legislation.

The Communications Act says that Ofcom's principal duty is to further the interests of citizens and of consumers, where appropriate by promoting competition. Meeting this duty is at the heart of everything Ofcom do.

Accountable to Parliament, Ofcom set and enforce regulatory rules for the sectors for which they have responsibility. They also have powers to enforce competition law in those sectors, alongside the Competition and Markets Authority.

Ofcom is funded by fees from industry for regulating broadcasting and communications networks, and grant-in-aid from the Government.

2826 Will Manage Your Ofcom Licence

2826 offer our clients complete Ofcom licensing and frequency management solutions. 

We have a great deal of experience processing applications and coordinating annual licence renewals, validations, notifications and modifications. If you're still not sure if you need one, read our guidance on what radios require a licence.

Request a Callback